When can I apply?
PBNF knows two application rounds: 1 February and 1 August of each year.
You can hand in your application year-round, but after this deadline you will not be able to submit or modify your project proposal. Results of the February deadline will be in around June, of the August deadline around November. You will be notified accordingly.
How big are the grants?Our grants do not exceed US$ 25.000 or € 25.000.
Am I eligible?
To check your eligibility, please take note of the following main criteria:
(1) The PBNF does not support individuals, only registered non-profits
(2) Due to the small grant size, the PBNF prefers to support projects in developing countries, with a special focus on the tropical and subtropical regions of Africa, Asia and Latin America. If you are from a developed country you may still apply, but you will receive a lower priority and therefore have a lower chance for your project to be acknowledged.
(3) The PBNF aims to help save critically endangered flora and fauna. The urgency of your conservation case is directly related to the priority your project will receive. Therefore, always verify the conservation status of your focus species on the IUCN Red List if your project objective is species conservation.
(4) The PBNF always wants to see an applied component of the project. If your project is purely research-based, it should be made clear how the research results are going lead to impact on the ground.
(5) Due to the limited nature of our funding, the Fund prefers to act as a catalyzer of larger initiatives, and link its project support as much as possible to larger themes and organizations.
Check the Frequently Asked Questions to learn about which criteria PBNF uses for project proposal evaluation.
How can I apply?
PBNF is piloting a cooperation with the digital platform PIF world. Therefore, a required step of our application procedure is that you create a page on this platform. This doesn't cost too much effort or time, if you go through all the steps of the application, your page will automatically be created. It’s free and easy to use. In the last step of the application procedure you can edit your page and add some pictures to make it look good. The goal of this is to create a community of species conservation organisations, funds and donors. Besides having a nice page to refer to, this platform gives you access and tools to connect to other people, apply for funds and give updates to your donors very easily. The platform is being built, so if you check back regularly you will see that new features get added every time. Upload a picture or share a story, we love to hear your updates!
Start filling the application form by clicking on the "APPLY" button on the top of the page.
If you experience any technical difficulty, please contact us at email@example.com
How does a good proposal look like?
Are you unsure about some questions in the application form? Or do you have little experience in proposal writing and are you wondering if you are doing it right? Then it may be helpful to take a look at the following documents:
Click here to view the Application Checklist